Wow. It's been a whole year!!! Holy cow. I didn't get to do my triathlon last year as I injured my back june/July and by Dr's orders I was under no circumstances allowed to compete. Probably just as well as I was no where near ready for it.
I am 100% back into training. I think I'm doing very well. I have lapsed on my running however but I'm going to get back into that tonight. The thought is making me sick. Can you believe it? I don't know why I can't run. I think it's mental. I'm mental. I'm mental for doing this.
I've swam more this month than anything. 70 laps in a hour. Not overly fast but that's without stopping. Something I could never, ever do before quitting smoking.
My intentions for this Triathlon is just doing it. Not to win, or lose but just to finish it and be proud that I did. So for the next 5 months this is all I'm going to harp on about. My training good and bad points, my horrible and not so horrible eating habits. For instance my love of chocolate covered gummy bears and spicy cheetos.
Tonight I am on a 14 minute non stop run. I've built this up from only being able to run for 1 minute. It's been 3 weeks since I ran last and I know I won't be able to do the whole entire 14 without stopping, or dying :) We'll see. More tomorrow.
Blog about how I squeeze life in between training for all sorts of athletic events from Triathlons to marathons to open water swims!
Tuesday, March 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
- 2011
- 3.2 mile swim
- 5k
- 5K swim
- adoption
- Anniversary
- bike ride
- birthday
- brewery ride
- burns night
- Canada
- cascade bicycle club
- Chilly Hilly
- Cycling
- Daffodil classic
- duathlon
- ewan
- fall city 10k
- fat salmon
- first triathlon
- goals
- green river trail
- haggis
- half marathon
- Hiking
- la conner
- La Jolla
- Lopez Island
- marathon
- mercer island
- Mt Si
- new bike
- ocean shores
- Ocean Swim
- parents
- Park to park swim
- poo poo point
- puppy
- races
- resolutions
- rock n roll
- rory
- Rudy
- running
- Scotland
- seafair
- season
- seward park
- SGC triathlon
- st patricks day
- STP
- Strength training
- Swim
- torchlight run
- training
- Triathlon
- tulips
- tullys
- twins
- vacation
- vancouver BC
- workouts
- Xterra
- Zumba
No comments:
Post a Comment