Sunday, February 17, 2008

Bicycles, Honda Fits, Creme eggs

I had a fairly good weekend. Saturday I slept in till 8.30am. No hangover, nuttin'. I was disappointed though to see it had been raining. I was hoping for a nice bike ride. Well I decided to wait till about 2 to see if it would warm up and the rain would stop. Lucky little me! It sure did. It had been ages since I last rode my bike and I think that was along the Cedar River trail. This time I decided to hit the interurban as I knew I'd get a full 40 minutes in each way. The way out felt great and for a while I was cruising along at 20MPH with great ease. On the way back it was like cycling in gale force winds. I knew there was a reason why I felt good going out than I did coming back in. Never mind, I still got 18.2 miles in. Long ago that would have seemed impossible but when I was done I felt I could have gone running too. My schedule however said no, not yet. You wait. It was dry though and that's I need. I miss riding my bike so much so I'm hoping to make a habit of this weekend biking thing.








Today we test drove a 2008 Honda Fit. What a delight. We had tried several times before, but we weren't really that interested at the time, mostly because of the price. But now with our tax refund we are going to use it as a down, so basically now we CAN afford it :) I am delighted with it. It has everything and more. I have never felt more comfortable in a car like I did today. The seats felt great!! It has all these little seat functions than can convert into just about anything. It's great because it means I can get my bike inbetween the front and back seats standing up! No more back breaking loading it into the back of the truck. I hated that! So now all we are waiting on is our moolah! So it probably won't happen till after I get back from Scotland. I've waited this long, I think I can wait a little bit longer.





After that we decided to hit Sam's Club so I could order my contacts. $65 later!! Sheesh!!!!!!!!! The price I pay for being blind. We hadn't been there in a while so we decided to wander. Usually at the weekends they give out free samples and I was starved. So I walked around grabbing all the free grub I had. When I went back to find Ron I saw him looking at the most God awful silk shirts I'd ever seen. They were only $16 but christ, you couldn't have PAID me to wear them! Heheheeh. I came across the Spring/Summer section and lo and behold if they didn't have goggles!! 3 pairs of Speedo goggles for $15. LATEX FREE! I'll bet that's why I have panda rings around my eyes from my barracudas! What a bargain! I also walked passed - which was VERY hard by the way! And entire BOX of creme eggs!!!!!!!! OH MY GOD!! Honestly, when I get paid I might just have to go back and get them. Teehee.


No comments: