Sunday, August 17, 2008

Danskin '08

From the start of the expo yesterday to waking late today I think this will be the last time I do this race. It's just far too crowded!!! My wave started at 7.31am (Actual start time was 7:37am!) I was at the back of the pack and had to swim over everyone. That's ok, the swim for me is the best part. However they had pulled out a woman from the lake that was blue and medical aids were doing CPR on her. It made me extremely sick :(

My swim time was 16:07. Could have done that faster but with the amount of people in the water it's just not possible! I swam past 2 waves in front of me.

T1 time was 7:15. 3 whole minutes faster than last year. It's SO far from the water to the Transition area! Seriously.

Bike time was 42:25
Last year 54:11

Quite pleased with that. Saw a crash in the tunnel. Funny that as there was a crash there last year too.

T2 time was a nightmare. I lost where I had racked my bike. Entirely my own fault! Grrrrr. Again, just SO farking busy!

My run 39:38
Last year: 40.35
Really NO improvement. I'm disappointed at my lack of running skills. I will have to simply improve! Train better at it and do more hills to make me stronger and faster. I could have a better time all around if I could run faster.

Overall time 1:50:09
Last year: 2:04:01

Beat my time by 14 minutes! That will do me just fine. I won't do Danskin again UNLESS it's with a friend or someone that wants to do a triathlon for the 1st time. I love the course as it's easy but it's just far too big an event for me now. I prefer the much smaller ones.

My goal for now is to run more and train smarter. I might do another Olympic before the year is out. I do have a discount for a race that is in September. If not I might just attempt my own Olympic somewhere.

Some pictures from today. It's all I have as really no one was there with me!



1 comment:

hadjare said...

14 minutes is awesome! Congratulations on such a huge improvement. :D

I hope that lady was okay! How scary.