Swim starts at Matthews Beach on the Seattle side and ends at O.O.Denny on the Kirkland side.
It's never been sunny, ever for this race. One year a lovely sunny morning would be greatly appreciated. The 1st year I did it it took me exactly an hour. Last year it took me 49 minutes and this year it took me 47. So much improvement.
The wave swell this year was just ridiculous! Wave after wave after wave swallowed me up. Everytime I tried to turn to breathe I'd swallow water. When I thought I was swimming directly to the 2 buoys I'd look up only to find myself further off course.
I was in the last and fastest wave, so I got to pass lots of people on the way over. Brilliant :) Except for the girl in the orange cap who tried to draft off of me "tried" eff that shit. You aint drafting off me beyatch. Oh hell no! I kicked it up a notch and drew further and further away from her. Passed even more coloured caps and finally made it through all the waves and onto the finish mat.
Found my friend Shannon, put warm clothes on (I was FREEZING!) and scarfed some food down. The food is always good. Scrambled eggs with veggies and sausage, muffins, fruit, coffee and OJ. YUM! Another highly recommended race. It's put on by Everyday Athlete in Kirkland. You park @ Matthews beach, swim across then the bus brings you back to your car. Fun times.
No comments:
Post a Comment