New week. Still raining. Urgh. I have a knot in my stomach. I am sitting here at work trying to figure out where to start looking for a new job and what kind of job I want to be doing. Need to clear my head and start doing some research into jobs. I may even have to go back to school. Getting up at 4.30am Mon-Thurs is just starting to kill me. I also hate the fact that the stuff I do here in their home I need to do in my own, but when it comes to it I just can't face it. It's making me miserable.
Anyway. Sorry to start off the week with a rant, but I had to get it out.
My working out/eating habits are going fairly well. Friday night I went to Zumba. 1st class in the new place where I bought 20 classes via Livingsocial.com. It was utterly fantastic! Nightclub setting, so loud music and disco ball type lights. I loved it. As did my friend that I dragged along. We had a fabulous time. The hour went by so quickly. I did have issues with moving along with everyone else from left to right etc. I kept standing on the shoes of the girl on my right. By the 3rd time I'm pretty sure she was really pissed off at me. oh well, it takes a couple of times to get used to the flow. Right?
Afterwards my friend and I ate at our favourite indian restaurant. Was just lovely to sit and chat with a girlfriend. I miss that.
Saturday I was sore. I mean really sore. I also hurt my back. It froze sort of. If I tried to bend over I found it hard to stand back up. Was like all day until I took some good meds. I didn't run, walk. I slept mostly.
Sunday I had a ride planned with CBC, but at (what seems to me) the last minute the time changed from 10am to 9am. I just wasn't ready. I had stuff I needed to do to my bike that I couldn't do on Saturday. I had gotten up an hour earlier too :( So I rode with my hubby. Renton to Mercer Island, around the Island and back to Renton again.
We stopped at Tully's after the 1st 9 miles. This is when I got a major nosebleed. My first ever. Yes, in the almost 40 years I've been on this earth this is the 1st nosebleed I've had in my life. It wasn't gushing or anything but flowing not normally. I utterly panicked! I had no idea why my nose was bleeding, or what was the cause. As soon as it stopped my headache disappeared. I am still really worried about why I got a nosebleed. There's something going on obviously! Maybe it's just my body's way of helping me? Who knows. I'm glad for health insurance. Phew.
After coffee we rode around the Island. Lovely rolling hills and switchbacks towards the end. 1/2 way through the OH decided this was far too much for him. 1st time he's ridden his bike this year. Re-filled our water bottles before heading on the trail back towards town. 3 miles in OH decided he just couldn't go on any further, so we decided (After much yelling actually) that he would wait there, I would ride back to the car and drive back to get him...which I did! Only when I got there he was NOT THERE. Oh I was utterly livid. Pissed mad. Screaming and shouting in the car, well EFF this and EFF that, and OMG He is SO EFFING DEAD! Then panic set in. What if he's on the side of the trail somewhere... OH GAWD! MAKE THIS DAY END! I eventually found him near where we had originally parked. Urgh. I did not say a word to him until he uttered "Can I buy you dinner". I really just wanted the day to end. The 32 mile bike ride did nothing to enlighten my mood at all.
I really hope this week starts off much better, even though I've already mucked up a bit at work (About timing and kids) I'm hoping Zumba tonight will alleviate some of my stress.
Blog about how I squeeze life in between training for all sorts of athletic events from Triathlons to marathons to open water swims!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
- 2011
- 3.2 mile swim
- 5k
- 5K swim
- adoption
- Anniversary
- bike ride
- birthday
- brewery ride
- burns night
- Canada
- cascade bicycle club
- Chilly Hilly
- Cycling
- Daffodil classic
- duathlon
- ewan
- fall city 10k
- fat salmon
- first triathlon
- goals
- green river trail
- haggis
- half marathon
- Hiking
- la conner
- La Jolla
- Lopez Island
- marathon
- mercer island
- Mt Si
- new bike
- ocean shores
- Ocean Swim
- parents
- Park to park swim
- poo poo point
- puppy
- races
- resolutions
- rock n roll
- rory
- Rudy
- running
- Scotland
- seafair
- season
- seward park
- SGC triathlon
- st patricks day
- STP
- Strength training
- Swim
- torchlight run
- training
- Triathlon
- tulips
- tullys
- twins
- vacation
- vancouver BC
- workouts
- Xterra
- Zumba
No comments:
Post a Comment