Bollocks. I missed out on my YOGA session this morning. I forgot I had brought the DVD and decided that spending time online at work playing games was far more important than yoga. Sigh. I just feel so lethargic anyway. I'm afraid of falling asleep half way through once I get really relaxed.
I went running last night at Seward Park. For christ's sake. I should be able to run around this park with no trouble but I can't. I can do 2 miles on the treadmill but I can't do this park. There's no hills or anything, it's very, very level yet I struggle to even run the 1st half mile. I don't think my heart is in it. Load of bollocks. I should really do bricks at this park as it's perfect. Bike round 4 or 5 times, get the bike back in the car as the parking lots are just off the direct path, then go run around it. Can I be arsed? Of course not. When I feel bloated and pissed off like I can't find any motivation. I feel ugly, fat and damn you if you take my chocolate covered gummy bears away. Don't you see this gun I'm holding?
I see all these athletes on TV and a huge wave of grief and regret comes over me. It makes me regret picking up that cigarette at 15. I was so into sports (still am) in a majorly big way. I did everything I could when I was in school. Netball, track (I sucked). You know. That's pretty much all my sucky school had. It seemed that every other school always had better sports programs. Unless you count "Sports day" at Duncanrig which involved jumping through hula hoops. Oh yeah, that's totally an Olympic event. We might as be dunking for apples. (shows off dunkin' apples medals)
Anyway. I'll be biking 20 miles later then heading off to a friends house for a BBQ. I may fall asleep whilst eating my burger.
Blog about how I squeeze life in between training for all sorts of athletic events from Triathlons to marathons to open water swims!
Thursday, May 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
- 2011
- 3.2 mile swim
- 5k
- 5K swim
- adoption
- Anniversary
- bike ride
- birthday
- brewery ride
- burns night
- Canada
- cascade bicycle club
- Chilly Hilly
- Cycling
- Daffodil classic
- duathlon
- ewan
- fall city 10k
- fat salmon
- first triathlon
- goals
- green river trail
- haggis
- half marathon
- Hiking
- la conner
- La Jolla
- Lopez Island
- marathon
- mercer island
- Mt Si
- new bike
- ocean shores
- Ocean Swim
- parents
- Park to park swim
- poo poo point
- puppy
- races
- resolutions
- rock n roll
- rory
- Rudy
- running
- Scotland
- seafair
- season
- seward park
- SGC triathlon
- st patricks day
- STP
- Strength training
- Swim
- torchlight run
- training
- Triathlon
- tulips
- tullys
- twins
- vacation
- vancouver BC
- workouts
- Xterra
- Zumba
2 comments:
Thanks. I thought I was the only one that felt like death while doing this. Outdoor runs suck. Well, runs in general suck, doing it outdoors makes it worse.
Keep up the good work.
Outdoor runs suck, well, pretty much anything outdoors sucks... ;) Unfortunately, the only way to get better at it, is to do it... Keep up the good work, it's gonna pay off.
Post a Comment