Tuesday, July 01, 2008

The bike incident

I fell off my bike the other day. I had just ridden 25 miles from Seattle to Renton and was standing at a cross walk waiting to cross over to the bus station where Ron was going to pick me up. I had my right foot clipped in and my left foot on the ground. I had a water bottle in my hand when all of a sudden my front wheel whipped round and the bike slid from under me. I couldn't put my left foot down and I fell over. I didn't have any hands to put down so my elbow took the full force of the fall. When I woke up on Saturday morning it was twice the size it should be (that's what she said) so I headed down to the ER. They X-Rayed my arm and gave me some shots, put me in a splint and sent me on my way home. I slept most of the weekend and did nothing else. Pity because it was one of the most beautiful weekends in Seattle and hopefully not the last.

I am healing nicely, just badly bruised and a little ticked off by this whole clipping in thing.


No comments: