Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Chilly Hilly 2009

Well I did it! 3 hours 12 minutes and LOADS AND LOADS of hills later I was finished. What a fun day! I missed the 1st ferry because my alarm didn't go off. I ONLY just made it into the 2nd ferry. It was such a strange sight seeing hundreds of bikes and very little cars! I sat on the passenger deck and worried my arse off about the hills. Once we got off the ferry it was hilly from the start. There were lovely flat bits as well as many downhills. The half way point with the chili and hot drinks was so needed! Best chili I've ever had. The 2nd half of the ride is the hardest with Baker Hill and also Seaborn! Some of them are so steep that my gears aren't low enough for them and I had to walk part of them. I will certainly do this every year. It's very relaxed and the Island is just a wonderful place to bike. Hopefully now that I have the map I can do it again during the summertime :) We shall see.

Husband and I have signed up to tour Lopez Island on April 25th. It's not quite as hilly but still a good ride at 31 miles. Plus lunch is included! I hope the weather will be nice.

I have my 1st triathlon of the season this coming Sunday! It will be my friend Lisa's 1st one! Exciting! Can't wait.







No comments: