Thursday, September 06, 2007

6lbs down!!!

The last challenge I did on BT consisted of running 20 miles and swimming 18000 meters. Both of which I passed. I am really quite proud of myself. These are my August totals so far. I think in the winter and after my last race (September 23rd) I will start strength training. I feel I don't have the time at the moment. This season is really just for fun. Next year however I plan to be in at LEAST my top 10 AG. I want to be able to compete so much better and I think I need to throw a little weight training and yoga and some cardio classes in there to mix up my off season training a little bit.

I am picking up a wetsuit today and I am so excited about trying it out! Never swam in a wetsuit before and I'm really hoping it helps me this Sunday.

These are the results of my last race: Lake Sammamish Tri on August 25th. super, super course but I was really hurting towards the end of the run. Lead legs AGAIN!!!! Maybe if I sprint at the start, loosen them up a bit?


Swim:
Swimming
00:09:18 | 400 meters | 02m 20s / 100meters
Age Group: 29/44
Overall: 300/434
Performance: Below average
Suit:
Course: Rectangular course, 2 buoys. Water was again lovely and mild :)
Start type: Wade Plus:
Water temp: 68F / 20C Current: Low
200M Perf. Below average Remainder: Below average
Breathing: Average Drafting: Below average
Waves: Below average Navigation: Bad
Rounding: Bad

Bike:
00:55:17 | 14 miles | 15.19 mile/hr
Age Group: 27/44
Overall: 337/434
Performance: Good
Wind:
Course: Along Lake Sammamish Parkway to a turnaround. Only 1 hill!!! Fantastic.
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills: Average
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Not enough

Run:
00:40:19 | 03.42 miles | 11m 47s min/mile
Age Group: 33/44
Overall: 421/434
Performance: Average
Course: Through the neverending trail around Lake Sammamish State Park. Very pretty but GOODNESS when does it end!?
Keeping cool Average Drinking Not enough

1 comment:

Andi said...

I think you did a fine job at the race, despite the leg legs. Great job on that and the weight loss, I'm envious!!! Oh, and don't worry, I don't have my assatar up yet either...I just haven't had a good opportunity to get my picture taken yet!

See you on beginnertriathlete!