Blog about how I squeeze life in between training for all sorts of athletic events from Triathlons to marathons to open water swims!
Thursday, May 29, 2008
1st Triathlon of the season!
Memorial Day 2008.
Elma, Wa. It took us forever to get there and of course bringing Ron with me meant we HAD to stop at Starbucks. I made it to the park with 10 minutes to spare. Just enough time to get my wetsuit on and swim about for a few minutes. The lake was FREEZING. Holy crap. It was only 300 meters thankfully. Phew. It took me a while to get my bike shoes on as my feet were totally numb when I got out. I did fairy well on the bike with my speed averaging at 16.5 mph. Much better than my old shitty tank. I finished that in 47 minutes. The run was hard in the fact that my legs were hating me but I ran as much as I could. I brought my IPOD with me and stupidly spend more time fussing with it than concentrating on running and getting a good time. I finished in 1:33:25 which for me is actually pretty good. I really need to get my running sorted out so the last run I did, I did a one mile sprint in 7:44. 3 days later my legs are still paying for it. Will do the same again next run.
Next tri isn't till June 7th in Moses Lake and it will be my 1st Olympic. I'm more worried about the swim than any of the other two. So this weekend I plan to get a lot of OWS training in. I bought my wetsuit yesterday so I'm all set to go. Hope the weather is at least half decent.
On a totally unrelated note our smart car might be here by Xmas or perhaps even sooner. All we have to wait on now is the phone call. The excitez. I haz dem!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
- 2011
- 3.2 mile swim
- 5k
- 5K swim
- adoption
- Anniversary
- bike ride
- birthday
- brewery ride
- burns night
- Canada
- cascade bicycle club
- Chilly Hilly
- Cycling
- Daffodil classic
- duathlon
- ewan
- fall city 10k
- fat salmon
- first triathlon
- goals
- green river trail
- haggis
- half marathon
- Hiking
- la conner
- La Jolla
- Lopez Island
- marathon
- mercer island
- Mt Si
- new bike
- ocean shores
- Ocean Swim
- parents
- Park to park swim
- poo poo point
- puppy
- races
- resolutions
- rock n roll
- rory
- Rudy
- running
- Scotland
- seafair
- season
- seward park
- SGC triathlon
- st patricks day
- STP
- Strength training
- Swim
- torchlight run
- training
- Triathlon
- tulips
- tullys
- twins
- vacation
- vancouver BC
- workouts
- Xterra
- Zumba




1 comment:
Hello,
I'm a beginner triathlete myself, (did my first one last year) and found your blog by searching for the Elma triathlon to see if I could find any pictures(there was one on Saturday, yes, April 11th. Brrrrr freezing...
I was also in this tri (I think it was my 2nd or 3rd one) so it was fun to read someone else's report. I'm also planning on Moses Lake as my first Oly distance.
Post a Comment